Sunday, September 28, 2008

Freedom of Religion

After I took the shot of a mother and her child in LA, I immediately thought of all the ways I could use this photo. Artistically, it’s beautiful. Politically, it’s correct. Religiously, it is Muslim. And I am a Christian, yet each time I visit this photograph I think how blessed I am to live in a country that accepts people of all religions and beliefs.

“It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.”

--Patrick Henry

2 comments:

Julie said...

I appreciate this blog, John. I have read the first "page" this afternoon. Shall read another tomorrow.

I like your writing style - very direct and active. Mine is very florid - not easy to alter.

Anonymous said...

You have a GREAT blog, and your photographs are stunning.